LithiumBank Signs Exclusive DLE Agreement with G2L Greenview
- Invested over 2 years and $1M in search of efficient and high performing DLE technology.
- Test work indicates the Licensed Technology can reduce operating costs by increasing lithium recovery and selectivity, reducing reagent costs, and improving the lithium concentrate.
- Exclusive to LithiumBank in Alberta and Saskatchewan as a primary Lithium producer.
- Exclusive access to one of the largest DLE Pilot Plants in North America - up to 10,000 litres/day.
- G2L Greenview is a 50/50 joint venture with Computational Geosciences Inc. (CGI), a subsidiary of the Robert Friedland-chaired Ivanhoe Electric Inc. (NYSE:IE) and Clean TeQ Water (ASX:CNQ).
Accomplishments To Date
- 5 Months of test work with G2L Greenview prove the technology to be well suited for Boardwalk brine. A significantly positive impact on the economics of our Alberta projects can be expected.
- The test work results indicate favourable lithium recovery and selectivity, successful use of lower cost reagents, and a high purity lithium concentrate.
- Updated PEA will include latest results from G2L Greenview test work and be reported by the end of 2023.
- Pilot Testing will include brine from Boardwalk, Park Place, and Saskatchewan to support Feasibility level studies going forward.
- cDLETM processing system is also designed to reduce freshwater loss and reduce power consumption and GHG’s.
Since release of the Boardwalk Preliminary Economic Assessment (May 2023), LithiumBank and its engineering consultants have worked with G2L Greenview to optimise the project flow sheet. Initial testing has identified multiple process parameters that can be improved with the inclusion of Licensed Technology.
Resin loading capacity
Substitution of lower cost reagents, such as quicklime and sulfuric acid
Water and energy consumption